Masih ingat dulu masa kecoh-kecoh pasal debit card yang dikeluarkan oleh bank-bank tempatan. Kononnya dengan debit card, kewangan anda akan lebih terancang dan anda tak akan berhutang. Katanya anda telah membuat pilihan yang lebih bijak! Tapi bank tetap nak “push” kad kredit berbanding kad debit. Hehe
Saya cuba guna kad debit untuk beberapa kali dan boleh tahan sekejap je. Jadi saya simpulkan kad debit masih tak praktikal sampai sekarang.
Ada 2 jenis kad debit. Pertama yang kita kena “top up” duit dalam tu. Kedua, yang link terus ke akaun bank kita.
Berikut ialah beberapa sebab saya kata kad debit tak best (pendapat peribadi). Continue reading
There are lots of books outside there talking about personal finance. I’ve read several books already regarding these matter. I can conclude that what you need to know in managing your money are
- How to save money by paying yourself first. Very important because most of the budget you do just don’t work
- How to manage your credit card. The best way is don’t use any. If you say it is for emergency, use debit card instead. Credit card is the fastest way for you to go into financial disaster
- How to pay your car fast. Car is huge liability. With all of its maintenance, installment, petrol, parking fee, summons etc etc. The value drop a lot every year after you purchased your car. So go for a second hand car where possible and you can save up to 50%. That’s a lot!
- How to pay your home financing fast. The financing usually is calculated based on monthly rest. You must pay to reduce balance whenever you have the money – get bonus, increment, side job etc. You can reduce 5-15 years of the financing tenure easily if you do it correctly
- How to make more money. It is not how much you get but how much you can keep. If you don’t know how to save money, forget about making more money because you will end up not having enough money. So make sure you master the saving money skill first before thinking of how you can make more money.
So that’s all what you need to know and master. In most of the personal finance books, they are talking about the same matters but in different ways. No harm if you read a lot of them because the authors explain will affect the way you behave towards your financial.
Be debt free and achieve financial freedom as soon as you can. All the best!
[tags]financial freedom, debt free, personal finance, make money, how to save, home loan, car loan, financial independence, credit card, debit card, charge card[/tags]
Nowadays people awareness on how important to save money rise. Everywhere people are talking about saving money, investing money etc.
But how you save your money? You stop smoking, you unsubscribe your astro, you do your own meal. Then at the end of the month, how much you save? Where is the money? Do you still spend all your monthly income?
Let do some simple calculation. If you save $200 per month by swithcing from travelling with car to travelling by bus you will save $2400 a year! But usually people don’t see the RM2400 at the end of the year. Where does the money go?
The right way to save money is first list down all what you can save for the month. Let say you want to cut your spending by stop smoking, use public transport, unsubscribe astro, cook your own meal etc. Your total saving is RM400.
When you get your paycheck, first thing to do (yes FIRST thing to do) is to put aside that RM400 before you pay any bills, loans etc. Make sure you put it away to your other account (without ATM card) if you inted to save the money. Otherwise it can’t be saved.
That’s how simple it is if you want to see your saving grow. Yet a lot of people failed to see the money they ‘saved’. Because they just don’t save the money.
Do a planning for the saved money. Whether you want to allocate for investment later on, emergency fund, paying debt etc.
This way you can see the amount of money you actually saved and where does the money go with new allocation plan.
[tags]save money, investment, personal financial, money management, personal money, how to save money[/tags]